2024:Call for Papers for Thematic Issue
Policies and Practices of Early Childhood Education: Studies of Critical Conceptualizations
Thematic Issue Editors
- Ziya Toprak, Independent Researcher, Türkiye
- Mehmet Toran, Istanbul Kültür University, Türkiye
This thematic issue of JCES seeks to explore policies and practices addressing alternative conceptualizations of childhood and issues of availability, accessibility, affordability of early childhood services and teacher labor regimes across different geographies in order to understand the reciprocal relationship between early childhood education and contemporary relations of power and inequality. We invite papers that report empirical studies, reviews, policy analyses, theoretical trends related to policies and practices of early childhood education across different geographies. Papers can be comparative across time and space or present research findings and theorizations of specific locations.
Scholars are invited to submit proposals that are between 400 and 500 words. Please email these to: email@example.com and include ‘JCES Special Issue Policies and Practices of Childhoods’ into the ‘subject’ box of your email.
The authors of selected proposals will be invited to submit a full paper, which will undergo a double-blind peer review by the editorial board members and external reviewers.
- November 15, 2023: Submit a proposal of no more than 500 words to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- December 20, 2023: Abstract proposal decision sent to author/s
- March 31, 2024: First full paper submission due for review via JCES submission portal.
- October 2024: Anticipated date for publication